I thought that I would write a blog entry about things that help us DID’ers. Please feel free to add anything that might be of help to other folks with DID.
- I use my cell phone alarm in the mornings when I get ready for work. I set it for about every 15 minutes and then I also set it to go off 5 minutes before I have to leave. This is very helpful when we lose time and it causes us to be late.
- Lists, lists, lists. Post it notes are awesome!!!
- I also use my cell phone calendar to keep track of my appointments. I set the scheduled appointment to have an alarm to remind me so I don’t forget important events.
- I use a dry erase calendar with different color markers to help me remember events, even small things such as medication refill dates. It helps to have it where I can always see it.
- An email program such as Outlook is good cuz it has a calendar with reminders on it. This can also help one keep track of life. If I remember right, it also has to do lists and such. These have been helpful for me when I have different parts inside who need/want to do things. I jot them onto a to-do list and then that way it is more likely they will get their time.
That’s all I can think of at the moment, although I know there are LOTS more. Will blog more on this later!!